Carmelo Anthony: Not about money

26 Oct

Carmelo Anthony is ready to start the season with the Denver Nuggets, letting a three-year, $65 million extension sit on the table, giving him the flexibility he has always wanted. “I always said I wanted to keep my options open,” Anthony said Tuesday on “The Scott Van Pelt Show” on ESPN Radio. “But as far as the money that’s on the table, I understand the money that’s on the table. I understand it’s a lot. But it’s more than the money. Right now I’m here, I’m with the Nuggets, and I’m ready for the season to start.” ESPN.com’s Chris Broussard reports that the New York Knicks and New Jersey Nets are in hot pursuit of Anthony. A source told ESPN.com’s Chris Sheridan that the Chicago Bulls, Anthony’s second choice, remained in the Melo mix, although the contract extension Chicago reached earlier this month with Joakim Noah would preclude him from being included in any deal the Bulls would put together.
via ESPN Chicago

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: